Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our Latest RV Trip - Part I

First day, Mike and I stayed at camp because someone read dog’s weren’t allowed on the Sugar Pines Express Narrow Gauge Train. Dana gets there and guess what she sees? 
She felt terrible, tried to call but no cell phone service so we missed out.  Just so you know, they run two trains there, the other being a dinner/show train where dogs aren't allowed. So, I made an honest mistake! - D
Here is some of the scenery Archie and Mike missed - it was beautiful on the train.- D
  






The day was not a total loss, though, as I made a new friend. He was a small dog, a plus, but he was a puppy, so I didn't waste too much time on him. Mike seemed intrigued, though.


The next day, I knew I was going to be left behind - everyone was going on the tram through the Mariposa Grove in Yosemite and NO DOGS ALLOWED there for sure. Here are a couple of pics taken from the Mariposa Grove on the tram:













Day three, I was not going to be left behind today! The motor home door was open, no one was around, I dashed down those steps. (And you know - I don't dash often.) Everyone was surprised when they came outside and saw this:

Archie forgets he has back legs, so that's as far as he can get into the car without a boost. Actually, we had planned to take Archie that day. In Yosemite, dogs are allowed on most of the asphalt paths and that's what we had  planned to do. - D






 I'm so glad I got to go this time:
Tunnel View
Walking up to Bridalveil Fall
In the village, making friends.


Lower Yosemite Fall - how much farther do we have to walk?

Wish I could drink some of that!
Then it was on to Glacier Point - where Mark noticed I was getting HOT!
Mark to the rescue!
Ah - that feels so much better.

I made a new friend - a little visitor from Japan. He wanted to touch me, but he was afraid. Luckily, big, fuzzy translates to any language. My new friend didn't want me to leave; he cried and cried when I finally had to go.

On the 4th of July, I was too hot to go any place, but the next day, we went to Bass Lake - finally a place a dog could get his paws wet!


That's it for this section of our trip. Hope you enjoyed it!


1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great and Mark was thrilled to see himself in Archie's adventures.

    ReplyDelete